Easy Fix on How to get your Dryer power cord.
Most often, people think all dryer power cords are the same. The answer is no. There are several dryers that have a different power cord.
If you have moved to a new location or your old power cord got broken or misplaced, you can purchase another power cord. However, you have to make sure it’s compatible with your appliance.
If you are buying a used dryer, the dryer power cord might not be compatible with your new-used appliance. Reading this article to the end will give you a clearer picture on what to look out for when you are buying a replacement cords.
Most people think power cables should be universal, but surprisingly, you are wrong because they might sometimes look identical, but they have different features that you’ll need to watch out for that’s of higher importance like the earthing pin.
Stick around and we will give you an in depth understanding on how to get the right cord.
Generally, we use a power cable only when it fits in, but for a large equipment like a dryer you will need to make sure the power cable has a grounding.
There are several different power cords, but this NEMA 6-20R plug was designed for heavy equipment like dryers and washers.
Are Dryer Power Cord Interchangeable?
The answer is no, most dryer cords are not universal, but you should know a little important information about dryers before buying one.
Make sure to never plug your dryer into an extension cord in order to avoid voltage drop.This might cause serious problems to your machine.
For residential installation, you should never use an extension cord. Most of them were not built for equipment with higher voltage intake. Therefore, if a universal cord wasn’t design for your dryer model, just don’t use it unless it fits properly.
How do I know the type of power cord my dryer uses?
There is a general rule around buying power cords, check the dryer’s owner manual before buying a replacement.
If you don’t have access to the owner’s manual, just follow the detailed instructions below.
- Check the back of your dryer to see if your dryer input connector point.
- Check to see if your dryer uses a 4 Prong or 3 Prong Cord.
- Make sure to check the colours on the cord as there’s something called colour coding in appliances.
- Remember to tighten each end and close it up nicely, it’s one of the most important aspects as safety matters.
How much power does dryers usually consume?
Dryers are efficient in getting wrinkles off clothes, but they can also be the reason your electricity bill is on the rise. An average dryer consumes about (2,000 – 4,000 kWh) per year which is around $300.
Best Dryers 2023
- Samsung Electric Dryer – DVE45R6100
- Whirlpool Electric Dryer – WED5000DW
- LG Smart Electric Dryer – DLEX7800
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a power cord on the dryer? A power cord is a cable that accepts the flow of electricity in order to power an appliance.
- Where does the power cord go on the dryer? Check behind the dryer carefully, you will see a connection point. Use screws to open it and when you are done with the connection close it.
- Where can I buy a replacement for the power cord on my dryer? Most people have mini electronic stores near them; however, you can get one from this link on Amazon.
- Does a dryer come with a power cord? Yes, most new dryer comes with a power cord, but if you are buying a used dryer, sadly most of them does not come with a power cord.
- Can I get a longer power cord for my dryer? Yes, all you need to do is calculate the distance form your appliance to the power outlet. Make sure the replacement cord fits right.
Thanks for reading. Leave a comment and let us know if you need some technical assistance configuring any system.